Code of conduct
I deliver my work well-prepared and organised
I work effectively and possess the appropriate specialist knowledge and skills.
I negotiate with contractors and employers the aims, objectives and desired outcomes for the work, and maintain communication for the duration of the project.
I understand the context of a programme or project and plan effectively to ensure the success of the activity for the participants.
I adopt appropriate attitude, behaviour and dress code.
I manage time effectively, starting and finishing as planned and agreed.
I am aware of the support needed and request help when necessary.
I keep up with relevant paperwork, such as course planning documents, handouts, evaluation forms, invoices and budgets.
I charge appropriately for services.
I work safely and responsibly
I take reasonable steps to ensure the safety of everyone attending sessions, especially children and vulnerable adults.
I ensure that the activity is adequately insured.
I ensure that Risk Assessments are carried out and manage any risks accordingly.
I understand the contractor’s policies, routines and procedures, e.g. child protection, equal opportunities, behaviour management, data protection.
I provide references for work and a disclosure certificate, where necessary.
I have appropriate musical skills
• I demonstrate musical expertise, creativity and versatility.
• I adapt and react to changing circumstances by drawing on appropriate musical resources.
I work well with people
• I value all participants and treat them with respect.
• I am sensitive and responsive to both group and individual dynamics.
• I motivate and inspire participants.
• I am always friendly, approachable and professional.
I evaluate and reflect on my work
• I collect monitoring data for my contractors and employers.
• I collect feedback from contractors, employers and participants.
• I reflect on work and continually strive to improve my practice.
I commit to professional development
• I commit to improve and update my skills, knowledge and creativity via regular training, personal reflection and membership of professional bodies.
• I maintain a professional portfolio and CV.